Saturday 7 October 2023

Starting the School Year...

 

Visiting Ptuj
Once again I have to apologise for taking so long to write a new blog. Life has just about settled into a new routine. I'm still meeting with two girls one to one every week and of course we have the weekly youth group. 

Today we've taken the youth on a trip to a town called Ptuj in the north of the country. We're meeting with some of the teenagers who came to our camp in the summer. We've visited the town, had lunch together and just had a time of singing and reminiscing about camp. 

It's such an encouragement to see these young people spend time together and encourage each other with their friendship. 

My time has also started to fill up with ECM work. As you may remember, I was voted onto the Advisory Group for ECM. This is where we review documents on policies and procedures ready for publication to the rest of the organisation. Another new role I have is to help organise the next ECM Biennial in 2025. Although this event is still over a year away, the planning starts now. Finally, I have been asked to be the member care facilitator for three new Australian missionaries who are moving to Slovenia next year. It will be strange to no longer be the only non national in the country but I'm excited to see how God will be working with all these new changes. 

So as you can see, I'm being kept busy. I have some other plans for the youth in the church which I'm just starting to organise. Please be praying for the young people as we're into the new school year. Please also be praying for my plans and all the work I have to do, that I would be trusting God to lead and guide all that I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Weather then Snow?!

Life in Ljubljana over the last couple of weeks has felt a little bit strange. This probably has a lot to do with the weather. Last week and...