Friday 20 October 2023

Getting Busier...

At the end of September I seemed to have got into a good routine but I was a little bit concerned that I didn't have much work to fill my time. That concern has now gone! My time is very much getting filled up and that is a good thing.

Over the last couple of weeks my work with ECM has started to pick up with meetings with different groups and for different purposes. These have included, and will include, meetings for the Advisory Group, Biennial 2025 planning and Member Care Facilitator training. To top it all off, I also somehow survived a meeting with other ECM workers in Slovenia which lasted for an hour and a half totally in Slovene.

Please be praying for me and for the church especially this week. I have more ECM meetings but we are also hosting a team from Australia. As many of you will know, we are expecting 3 Australians to move to Ljubljana next year. As part of this process, one of them is coming to visit but is bringing a group of 4 students. They will be more focussed on student work and the work of IFES in Slovenia but they will also be coming to youth group next Friday and I am hosting one of the girls. Please pray for this team as they start their travels, that they will have energy and that their visit will be glorifying to God.

I obviously have all my regular church work each week, I still meet one to one with two girls and we have the regular youth group on a Friday night. Apart from this, I am in the process of trying to start a new monthly group with some of the older teenagers where we can talk more about their questions, go deeper into the Bible and try to help them to be able to read it and understand it for themselves. I am very aware that we have an ageing youth population (the youngest is 14) and so the aim is to try and help them transistion well to adulthood and student life. Please be praying for this group as we aim to start in November, that these young people would grow in their relationships with God and that God would be working in their hearts and minds.

Thank you all for your continued prayers and support. It is always very much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Weather then Snow?!

Life in Ljubljana over the last couple of weeks has felt a little bit strange. This probably has a lot to do with the weather. Last week and...