Friday 24 April 2020

Yep We're Still At Home...

Life moves very slowly when you're stuck inside doesn't it? To be honest, as I sit to write this post there's not much new to say. We're all doing our best to keep healthy and protect the most vulnerable people in society. Here in Slovenia it feels like we're almost coming to the end of the lockdown. More shops have started to open and many more restrictions will be lifted on 4th May.

Many of you will know that I was quite worried for Slovenia as a country at the beginning of the outbreak - we neighbour Italy and lots of people were travelling back and forth across the border. We can praise God that a big outbreak never materialised. The most new infections in one day was 70 which happened a few weeks ago. Since then the numbers have been kept very low. Of course there is always the worry that we'll get a second wave but I'm trusting God with whatever happens. 

I'm definitely grateful for the internet and the way that I'm still able to connect with people during this time. I've been keeping busy with preparing and leading studies each week with some of the teenagers in the church. I also made a video last week about my life in lockdown so email me at s.re.deacon@gmail.com if you would like the link for that.

I think what I've appreciated most about this time has been the ability to spend time with and getting to know my housemates better. We definitely all have our quirks but I have to say that I'm the only one in the flat who didn't want to be involved in making an advert for our mop... (Yep, there is a video out there about the joys of using our mop!) We've all had our ups and downs during this period but it's been great knowing that they understand and that we can support each other through the frustrations of this period.

I have to say I'm really looking forward to just being able to see a different part of the city! When this lockdown ends I'm planning on enjoying the country as much as I can before I leave for the UK at the end of August. Who knows what type of country I'll be returning to...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Answers to Prayer...

Fun at the Away Day I want to start by thanking so many of you for your prayers over the last few weeks. I've really seen how God has be...