Monday 13 January 2020

Into the New Year...

Slovenia from the air
So far 2020 has been very busy, hence why I haven't written a post in a while. I had a great time in England spending time with all of my family. Thankfully I had safe journeys and all the travelling went well. As much as I enjoyed my time back in the UK, it has been good to get back into the swing of work. Last week I started a new one-to-one with a French girl who became a Christian just before Christmas. The first session was very encouraging and positive and I look forward to being able to meet with her regularly. We've started off by using the Uncover series of books. We're studying Uncover Mark and amazingly I was able to get access to a copy in French for her to use. This has added to my work load but I really enjoy it and obviously it's a really important part of my work here. Please be praying for her as she starts to tell her family and friends and shares the gospel with them too. It was also encouraging that she brought her four year old son to church with her on Sunday.

Next week I will be attending a conference for women in ministry. It is strange to be going back to the UK so soon after Christmas. I went last year and was annoyed about the timing but I felt like I benefited a lot from the teaching and fellowship with other women in a similar position to my own. This year we will be looking at Old Testament narrative and I need to prepare the basics of a Bible Study on 1 Samuel 1. I look forward to getting to grips with the passage and to thinking more about this large part of scripture.

Today has been tinged with a little bit of sadness. I've booked my flight back to the UK in August when I will be leaving Slovenia (The prices were too good to pass up). It's still 8 months away but I'm sad thinking about leaving. Things are not yet confirmed as to what I will be doing next year but obviously I will let you all know as soon as I do. Sufficed to say I'm hoping to return to Slovenia long term. The truth is, God is in control, and I plan to go where he leads me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Answers to Prayer...

Fun at the Away Day I want to start by thanking so many of you for your prayers over the last few weeks. I've really seen how God has be...