Friday 5 June 2020

Enjoying a Normal Week...

It seems a bit weird to admit, but I am so thankful for having my first "normal" week in a long time! Here in Slovenia we are definitely feeling like we're on the other side of the pandemic. Of course there are still certain measures in place but overall life feels almost back to where it was a few months ago. To be honest, I'm not sure what changes, if any, have been made to the society and culture here. Yes people still wear masks but it is no longer compulsory by law to wear them in public places (although places like buses and hairdressers etc still require you to wear them). I think the biggest change I have seen has been towards the attitude of using online video services. It is now more acceptable to meet up on Zoom or Skype (other services are available) if it is difficult to meet in person. For example, I had my first language lesson in person on Tuesday in the main park in Ljubljana, Tivoli. Today, however, the weather was not cooperative and so we just had the lesson on Skype again. I feel like it gives more flexibility to life.

From this week onwards all of the church meetings have been happening in person. This includes our first service together on Sunday. It has been great actually being able to meet people again and spend time with them without a screen! That being said, we are now approaching the end of the school year and so many meetings will stop for the summer break. This is starting to feel very strange for me! I only have 1 more ministry training session and 3 more youth groups. The time has gone by so quickly! I know that there will be many summer activities to prepare for but I'm having to start saying goodbye to meetings and programmes I have been involved with for the past two years! Moving back to the UK is feeling closer and a lot more real! (I know I'm using a lot of exclamation marks, forgive me, I'm a millennial and I need to express my feelings somehow!)

With the end of the school year comes the exam season for some of our teenagers. Please be praying for those who are facing this stressful time, especially those in the middle of their Matura exams (equivalent of A Levels) and those preparing to change schools next year.

If anyone doesn't yet know about my plans for when I return to the UK at the end of August (and wants to)/ would like to know how they can support me in prayer and/or financially please let me know by emailing me at s.re.deacon@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Answers to Prayer...

Fun at the Away Day I want to start by thanking so many of you for your prayers over the last few weeks. I've really seen how God has be...