Friday 19 July 2019

You Know You Work in Ministry When...

Well it's finally happened. I've been expecting it for quite some time and it has been happening slowly until now... my room/ home office is becoming overrun with craft supplies, equipment for games and books to help me write Bible studies and study Slovene. The picture shows only a small part of the problem...

I have a slight confession to make. I always quite enjoyed the craft sessions at youth groups and camps etc. I may have also wanted to go and play games and pretended I found the craft boring but really I enjoyed it. This week for the first time it's been up to me to work out what craft we will be doing and how to actually make the things. It's been a steep but fun learning curve trawling through pintrest and other internet sites. It's also taken creativity on my part to try and merge ideas together to make what I want. Nothing online quite worked and so I've decided on my own versions. Time will tell if they actually work... (if they do I'm sure I'll share pictures, if not, you'll never hear about them again!)

You might be able to tell that I've been completely occupied with camp preparation this week. I've been doing everything from choosing and practising songs to writing studies to trying to make a kaleidoscope. Thankfully I think I am almost there. I only have the resources for the crafts to prepare and since these aren't needed for another month, I should have time to worry about them later.

Next week, on Monday, our youth camp starts. At the moment we have 21 young people coming between the ages of 10 and 18. The youngest will have their own separate group for the studies so that it is more appropriate for their age. The weather is due to be very hot which is great as we'll be camping next to a river. Please be praying for this camp, not all the youth are Christians or come from Christian homes. Pray that God would be working in all of their lives and that they would be growing in knowledge of him. The theme of the camp is the cross as the solution. Please be praying for those teaching and leading the sessions that God would be giving them the words to say.

Camp is a great time to build relationships with the young people. Please be praying for me and the other leaders as we try to get to know them better and to help them understand what is being taught on the camp.

Pray for safety but also for lots of fun. Camp is meant to be a time that everyone enjoys and does fun stuff together. For example, one day we will be travelling to Croatia to do rock climbing. I was tempted to sign up for it but I don't trust myself not to get injured...

I'm looking forward to having a great time on camp and then after that I have two friends coming to visit me in Ljubljana. I had another friend last week and it was great to be able to share some of my life here with her. I love having visitors and being able to show off the country of Slovenia so I'm looking forward to my friends coming. It will also be a good time to rest and relax after the exhaustion of camp...

I also just want to quickly share this video, if you want to know more about the work and the challenges in Slovenia it is very helpful, and short!
https://vimeo.com/338605562?ref=fb-share&fbclid=IwAR2Yhym03tKMqFjf5QvQDxKkFIF9CNwMtmC87VfBEXH4pEkosEI2r9-es6c

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Weather then Snow?!

Life in Ljubljana over the last couple of weeks has felt a little bit strange. This probably has a lot to do with the weather. Last week and...