Wednesday 15 September 2021

Arriving Back...

My new home
 I do realise that it's been about a year since I last wrote here on my blog and what a year it's been for all of us. I've spent the last year studying online in Swindon and working part time for my church there. It's been a good year in many ways despite all the restrictions. I really appreciated the opportunity to get to know new people in the church and to rebuild relationships with friends. Most of all I enjoyed spending what time I could with my family. It was a year of change for many of them as well. My parents moved out of the home I grew up in and bought a new house on the other side of the country to be nearer my sister. We also all welcomed a new baby (my nephew) to the family. This has really been a year of growth, learning and rebuilding relationships. Of course most things were affected by the Covid situation and it wasn't always easy but it's been great to see how God works even through the tough times.

As you probably already know, I have now moved back to Slovenia permanently. I arrived on Friday evening and some lovely friends collected me from the airport and took me to my new flat. I have really been blessed by this flat and I can definitely see God's hand at work in the process. I had been searching the internet every day since July to see what was available and what would be suitable. In my mind I didn't think I was asking for a lot. I wanted somewhere that wasn't too far out of the centre of Ljubljana, near good transport links, that had a separate bedroom, a place to work and an oven (amazingly many places I saw only had a hot plate). It would have been nice to have a balcony, air conditioning and a dish washer but none of those were essential. Most importantly it needed to be affordable. A friend of mine looked at a few flats but for various reasons none worked out.

I even get a balcony!

In the second week of August I still hadn't found anything and I went on beach mission so I was a bit distracted from my search. That week I got an email from a different friend who had heard that I was looking for somewhere. His former landlord had a flat just come available in the building he used to live in with his family. In fact another family from church still live in the building. Through this God answered all my prayers. That flat is now mine (if anyone wants the address then please message me) and it is better than I expected. It has everything on my essential and desirable list and it is exactly in the location I'd hoped to live.

My first few days back in Slovenia have been going well and it almost feels like I never left. I have started all the official procedures I need to do so please be praying for me as I try to navigate the system. It was lovely to go to church on Sunday and see everyone again. I truly felt very welcome and I look forward to settling down properly here. Now I just need to do something about this language learning...

1 comment:

  1. Glad you arrived safely. I hear that it won't be long until your parents come out visit.

    ReplyDelete

Nice Weather then Snow?!

Life in Ljubljana over the last couple of weeks has felt a little bit strange. This probably has a lot to do with the weather. Last week and...